Okay, so life in a small town, is...different.
Everyone here is incredibly and unbelievably nice! Our first day at our new ward was filled with lots of hugs from strangers and phone numbers passed around.
We recently found out that we're just one of SEVEN new families to move to the Cody 1st ward, and already we've all gotten to know each other and even met up at a cute little party last night.
Wow, my thoughts are erratic, aren't they? So. Life in the past month.
Money is still tight, waiting for the paycheck to finally get to the bank, since they won't direct deposit the first check--we had to mail it back to Utah.
I'm still paranoid about medical bills, though this new insurance looks promising and our new agent is well-versed in his company, unlike our sweet but ignorant agent from Assurant.
I get really bored staying home all day, I can't really even leave the apartment because we haven't copied a key for me yet. It gets old. But that's just fine, I suppose. Once we have baby stuff I'm sure I'll be an organizing maniac.
Darren loves his job, and of the 7 people who work in his department, 4 are woman and all four of them think they are his mother. I think it's hilarious, for the record.
Eggbert is kicking fairly regularly these days, and sometimes will respond to us when we talk to him/her/it. We'll find out which gender Eggie is next Wednesday, provided the kid cooperates.
I feel guilty for having gained 15 pounds so far, but my new doctor told me that she WANTS me to gain 30-35 because I'm little. Done and done.
I still miss Utah, and Target, and a decent mall, and having shopping options...but I suppose this will do for a year or two. We'll get by.
And...that's life so far! I vow to keep up on the writing. Promise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good to read something. It was fun to Skype with you guys yesterday. Take care and enjoy small town living. It takes some getting used to.
ReplyDelete