I don't even think anyone reads this. Oh well. So, I think we've gotten into a rhythm and as I type this I realize how much trouble I'm in because now he'll completely spaz out and everything will go in the toilet but oh well.
Did you know if you catch Baby Boy BEFORE he realizes he's tired he goes down with nary a whimper? It happened a couple of times the past couple days.
Here's how it's working--
5am--My "middle of the night" feeding, diaper change, back to bed. Sometimes he goes right back, other times it takes up to 20 minutes to get him sleepy enough to go back down. Like this morning.
7-7:30 a.m.--baby wakes up and gets a bottle for "breakfast." We get dressed and play. Tummy time, etc.
Between 8:30 and 9 a.m.--swaddle and nap. I have to play it by ear, because sometimes he's good for an hour and a half, and others he gets crazy by an hour of play. We rock until he's all drowsy and droopy, and I put him in the crib. Cheek stroking until eyes are mostly closed.
10-10:30--if he's not awake I wake him. Feed, play, tummy time, etc.
12 pm--Swaddle and rocking. This is when I read more from The Chronicles of Narnia; we're currently on Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I read until he's either so bored his eyes start closing, or he gets tired, I still can't figure out which it is.
1-1:30 pm--He has had his catnap of around 45 minutes, and he's good to go. Eat, play, etc.
2:30-3:00pm.--Another nap. Some days he goes for up to an hour and a half, and other days, like yesterday, it's like 45 minutes. Hopefully today it'll be an hour.
4-4:30 pm--Up, feed, and play. This is the hardest part of the day. By this time Daddy is home and he gets some quality Baby time. I make dinner and he has the baby, or vice versa, depending on the meal.
6:00 pm--an attempt at another catnap. I can't wait until he's old enough to skip this one, because it's tough. there's usually a meltdown at this point and we have to pass him back and forth to prevent parental frustration. He'll go down eventually, for maybe a half hour?
7:00-7:30 pm.--Up and a bedtime bottle. The we do bath, lotion, possible naked play time, jammies, and we go back to rocking Baby boy. Daddy usually likes to do this. It's fun to see them bond like that.
8:30-ish. Hopefully. Sometimes it's not until 9, but it's finally bedtime. He'll then, normally, sleep until 4:30 or 5 the next morning.
If he wakes in the middle of the night, I go ahead and feed him, and 90% of the time he takes a full feeding and goes back to sleep, so I figure he's still hungry. Back to bed.
So that's how we do it! Now, in a couple months we're going to start putting him down more awake, like at 6 months. We'll see how he does.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment